Search

Custom Search

5.19.2010

Newsflash

This isn't a news blog, like at all. I try to stick to music and/or my own opinion. But every so often some shit goes down that I feel everybody that I know should make sure they know as well. So here you go.
1) Justin Bieber Gets Nominated For A BET Award- Now, I'm not necessarily pissed off at that. I mean, the dude's a good musician, he pretty much exploded onto the Billboard charts in March, number one debut album, anybody who does that deserves some recognition. But the BET Awards? BLACK entertainment television. Now, I'm not saying he shouldn't be nominated because he's white. Cuz that's irrelevant. But BET was started as a response to cultural ignorance. Ignorance such as not knowing what "German" is. So yeah. I'ma little confused about that. But you know, they're right: He's enjoyed cross-over success, so by all means, if he can get nominated for a BET Award, more power to him.
2) Delonte West Is Smashing Lebron James's Mom- Now that shit is just funny. I mean, it's not like Lebron's mom is fine or anything, like, she's made regular looking. But even the fact that something like that could be formulated in the rumor mill is hilarious to me. Lebron has already denied the allegations, but that doesn't mean anything. I mean, nobody's gonna come out and be like, "Yeah, my homeboy is giving it to my moms, it's cool." So if Lebron leaves Cleveland soon, you know what's really up.

No comments:

Post a Comment