Search

Custom Search

9.08.2010

Diggin' in the Crates: Vol. 1

This will be a weekly post from me from now until I feel like you all are relatively conscious of classic hip-hop. Here I will be providing you all with one of my favorite rap songs from the past, which is a vague and all-encompassing term that means what I want it to mean. Please listen and give me your opinions. First off:



This is Lamont Coleman, a.k.a. Big L. Definitely one of the best hip-hop lyricists in the history of the game. If you think that Lil Wayne has humorous punchlines, wait until you hear this guy. A lot of these Diggin' in the Crates posts will be songs from in him, in all likelihood (Only fitting since I got the name of the series from him). Big L, unfortunately shot down in 1999, was probably the best rapper alive at the time of his murder. This is only one example of the rapping ability that he has. Be sure to look up more of his stuff.

1 comment: