Search

Custom Search

7.11.2010

Facebook Relationships

Y'all know I could go all freaking day about the dynamics of Facebook. There is literally an unlimited amount of offerings that Facebook gives me to write blog posts about. There is no end. And it's not due to the actual institution of Facebook itself. Mark Zuckerberg created a near-perfect social networking site that my private school companions flocked to from Myspace way before my ghetto ass friends ditched Bebo. It's a damn good site. HOWWWEVAAAA, you people just use it's features to make your points passively aggressively (I do it, too; no worries.)
Case in point: One of my biggest concerns with Facebook is the relationship status shit. First of all, we have reached the point that if you're goin out with somebody, but it ain't on Facebook, it's not official. It's not "Facebook official." That's funny to me. But I kinda understand it though, so I'm not gonna shit on it. But the next thing: In an open relationship with. What does that mean? "We're both whores so we tryna bump uglies with other people too?" "I like her, but I don't like the bitch THAT much." "I like him, but I', tryna get with that other dude on the side." I've seen people in open relationships on Facebook, and I don't f****** approve, okay? That's stupid. Almost as stupid as "it's complicated," because if it was that damn complicated, you would be figuring that shit out and not putting it on Facebook. Enough, though; I digress. What I really, truly, and honestly love is this: A couple breaks up. They each change their relationship status to single, and outta nowhere, mothaf***** just start liking the hell out of it. I'm talking like 10 likes on a bitch being single. It's hilarious. Now when it's people I know well, and I know what's going on, it can be a sign of support. "That bitch has issues, dog, you need to be single. *Like*" "That dude cheated on you, what a douche!*Like" "About time y'all broke up, I been tryna smash your girl for like a month. *Like*" But if I don't know the situation, I just laugh my ass off in curiosity. What could the situation be where all of a dude's friends like that he's single? I would never like that in reality, because that means one of my boys just entered into a recession of his economy (you know what economy I'm talking bout) and in no way does that make me happy. As for girls, they do crazy shit all the time, so I just don't know.
That kinda stuff makes me love Facebook. I've seen enough Facebook fight break-ups, enough photo comment fights (shout out to Kyle Sharples), and all that crap, so when people band together over something like that, I smile. Maybe I'll even like it.

2 comments: